chat icon
Back to top


Is there a difference between Practice and Real Accounts?

No, everything is absolutely the same, except that with the Real Account you are trading with real money and you should be aware of the risks involved.

What currencies do you accept?

With Trading 212 you can open a Real Account in GBP, EUR and USD. We accept debit/credit card and bank payments in these currencies.

Is it safe to send you money?

Yes, it is completely safe. We are a licensed and regulated broker and keep all clients’ money in a segregated bank account. Moreover, all clients’ money is covered by a compensation scheme in accordance with our regulator.

Why do you need a copy of my ID card?

As a licensed FOREX broker we are obliged to identify every client by his or her ID card. It is also for your own security to have proper identification.

Is it safe to send you a copy of my ID card?

We are a licensed controller of personal data. All information you provide to us is kept confidential and is used only for identification purposes.

What is a Tax Identification Number (TIN) and where to find it?

A Tax Identification Number (TIN) is an identification number used for tax purposes.

In some countries, TINs are indicated on official identity documents (such as ID cards, passports, driving licenses, etc.) and usually match the personal number.

Example: Spain (DNI); The Netherlands (Burgerservicenummer/BSN); Norway (Fødselsnummer or D-nummer); Sweden (Personnummer); Poland (PESEL); Czech Republic (Rodné číslo); Romania (Cod Numeric Personal); Serbia (JMBG); Russia (ИНН); China (公民身份号码).

In other countries, TINs are specially issued by government institutions to those who submit a tax return form. In this case, TINs are specified on other documents (such as health insurance cards, civil tax evaluation forms, etc.)

Example: UK (National Insurance Number); Italy (Codice fiscale); France (Numéro fiscal); Germany (Steuernummer).

Some countries do not issue taxpayers with tax identification numbers. Their tax authorities use other data to identify taxpayers (such as name, date and place of birth, address, gender, etc.).

What is the minimum and maximum account size?

The minimum account size is EUR 100. There is no limit for maximum deposits.

Can I open more than one account?

Yes, you can have more than one account.

Can I change the currency of my Real account?

To do that, you should open a new account in the desired currency and we will exchange and transfer your funds. To do that, please contact our Customer Support team using the Chat button.

Can I continue trading if I have lost all the money in my Practice Account?

Yes, you can have a fresh start by resetting your Practice Account from the “Settings” menu.

Do you have many clients?

Yes, we are a fast growing international broker and thousands of new clients join us every month.

Ready to get started? It’s FREE and takes only 30 seconds!

Trade Currencies, Gold, Oil and CFDs in your browser.

Get a FREE €10 000 Practice Account
Risk warning